Province of Benguet

Second Batch of Students Employed by the Provincial Government of Benguet

LIVELIHOOD. Governor Dr. Melchor Daguines Diclas last May 3, 2021, shared a message of encouragement with some 77 students as he signed their contract as the second batch of students employed by the Provincial Government of Benguet through the Special Program of the Employment of Students (SPES).

Each student worker will be paid more than P14,900 for a 30-day work. They will be assigned at the different government offices from June 1 to July 13, 2021.
Governor Diclas said this is a good opportunity for the students to gain experience working in public offices and to improve leadership skills and personal development.
He also reminded the students of the importance of complying with health protocols while performing their job at their respective workplaces.
This SPES program aims to augment the family’s income of poor but deserving students.
Under this program, the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) provides 40% of the salaries of the student workers while the PLGU shoulders the remaining 60% of which Governor Diclas allotted 1.5 million pesos.
Governor Diclas expressed his gratitude to the Benguet PESO headed by Ms. Julie Tabcao and DOLE for making this program successful.