- Regulate the keeping of domestic animals
- Regulate and inspect livestock, poultry, fish, bee and meat products for public consumption
- Enforce all laws and regulations for the prevention of cruelty to animals
- Take the necessary measures to prevent, control, eradicate and treat all forms of animal diseases
- Empower and capacitate livestock and poultry raisers, fisher folks and bee keepers to become successful entrepreneurs with due consideration to environment
A premier gender responsive workforce endowed with globally-competitive, environmentally-balance and service-oriented professional skills to empel the public health and socio-economic development of the province.