- Formulate integrated economic, social, physical and other development plans and policies for consideration of the local government development council.
- Conduct continuing studies, researches and training programs, necessary to evolve plans and programs for implementation.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the different programs, projects and activities in the local government unit (LGU) concerned in accordance with the approved development plan.
- Analyze the income and expenditure patterns and formulate and recommend fiscal plans and policies for consideration of the finance committee of the LGU concerned.
- Promote people participation in development planning within the LGU concerned.
- Exercise supervision and control over the secretariat of the local development council.
- Preparation and implementation of the Provincial Development Fund programs/projects.
- Preparation of the Annual Accomplishment Report of the Province.