Enforcement of laws relative to the conversation, enhancement and utilization of the Province environment and natural resources;
- Assists in the generation of revenues in the extraction and use of such resources; and
- Ensures the delivery of basic services as provided for under Section 17 of the Local Government Code and Local Environment Code of the Province.
To sustain the Provincial Mining Regulatory Board of Benguet; generate income from mineral resources within Benguet;
- To improve the quality of environment through planting high yielding fruit trees;
- To regulate the use of mineral resources for a balanced environment;
- To relocate, inventory, rehabilitate and develop communal forests and watershed areas and institutionalize water resource management of the Province;
- To maintain a Provincial nursery; preserve protected areas and wildlife;
- To implement the Ecological Solid Waste Management Act of 2000 (RA 9003) in the Province
- To reinforce Section 16 of the General Welfare Clause of the Local Government Code of 1991 which mandates local authorities to enhance the right of the people to a balance human ecology through joint assessment and evaluation; and
- To participate and engage in activities for the development of the community.
SEE MORE >>>