- The Public Employment Service Office (PESO) is a non-fee charging multi-employment service facility or entity established as accredited by Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) pursuant to Republic Act No. 8759 otherwise known as the PESO Act of 1999.
- The PESO are linked to the Regional Offices of the Dole for coordination and technical supervision, and to the DOLE Central Office, to constitute the National Employment Service Network.
- Ensure the prompt, timely and efficient delivery of employment service and provision of information on the other DOLE programs.
- Provide a venue where people could explore simultaneously various employment options and actually seek assistance they prefer;
- Serve as referral and information center for the various services and programs of DOLE and other government agencies present in the area;
- Provide clients with adequate information on employment and labor market situation in the area; and
- Network with other PESOs within the region on employment for job exchange purposes.
- Encourage employer to submit to the PESO on a regular basis a list of job vacancies in their respective establishments;
- Provide job vacancy information to jobseekers, both for local and overseas employment, and recruitment assistance to employers;
- Generate information about the labor supply and demand in various disaggregation level;
- Provide persons with entrepreneurship qualities access to the various livelihood and self-employment programs offered by both government and non-government organization at the provincial level by undertaking referrals for such program;
- Refer jobseekers to skills training to different centers if the former is willing to undergo the said training;
- Make follow-up to the employer regarding the status of the referred jobseekers;
[Back to Departments]